Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Sky Was Green This Morning.

Around 5:20am this morning, the sky turned green. It was lightning every few seconds it seemed. I had the tv on for a few minutes and they had no tornado warnings, just severe thunderstorm warnings for the few counties surrounding our county, but no warning for us. So I went back in bed & then, boom! The wind picked up, the power went out & the wind sounded like a train. I knew it was a tornado or a funnel. I prayed. I said, Dear God, please keep us safe. And He answered. :)
I got up, looked out the kitchen window facing the field and couldn't see a thing. It was hailing and really windy. I am very surprised the sirens did not go off.
I fell asleep around 6am and then woke up around 8:30am. I put my shoes on, grabbed my camera & walked out the door. I was surprised at what I had seen. A neighbor told me her daughter went to work in Bloomington & saw a tornado. We said it was definitely a tornado that caused this because of how it sounded.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Just a few of the shots I got.
I'm glad no one was hurt.

No comments: