Monday, February 6, 2012

I must admit, when it comes to Valentine’s Day I am bitter.

I think if you love someone or care for someone you should show it to them more than once a year not just on one day. I know some people do show it, though.

I’m just bitter because some men just use women or try to use women on Valentine’s Day or they just don’t mean what they say or have a true meaning behind the stuff that they do give them on Valentine’s Day. I know there are good men out there, but the way this world works today they are becoming more rare and rare to find. What ever happened to the men that used to hold the door open for you? Or the ones that would walk you to the doorstep of your house to make sure you’d get in safe?

I’m just old fashioned when it comes to love and that sorta thing, I guess. Old fashioned dates like the guy coming to pick the girl up and taking her out to dinner and or a movie, then a nice walk and talk in the park. I have been single for almost two years now. The first time I was given a Valentine’s gift by a man was back in 2006. We weren’t even dating yet. He made me 12 roses out of aluminum foil, they were in a nice vase and he put the ribbon together. Now was that romantic or what? :) Well, 2010 was the second time I *celebrated* Valentine’s Day. I was in a relationship with this guy at the time. Well, he picked me up and took me to the park. He had a card and two red roses for me…which I did appreciate, but his intentions were not good since he just did that to try and use me that night, but I didn’t let that happen. He apologized and me being stupid gave him too many chances and benefit’s of the doubts. Two months later I put an end to that relationship, I knew and realized I deserved better. He didn’t love me or respect me at all. All of his “I love you’s” were just great big lies. That’s all I will say about that relationship, since I don’t want to get into too much detail about it anymore. This last one is why I am bitter about Valentine’s Day.

I would like to meet someone who is sincere, honest, caring and not a head game player. But these days it seems like it's too much to ask. I don't really want to meet someone from the internet again. I know there are decent people on the internet, but there are a lot of sick, perverted creeps around on the internet.
Lately I have been getting those guys who say "Oh,I wish I was with you" or "You should come see me". I don't go see anyone anymore, if a man wants to get to know me or see me, he will have to come to me.. I will not go see him first. I am just on the internet to keep in touch with friends and possibly make new friends along the way, some men just don't get it though. I am not stupid or desperate. Most men on the internet aren't looking for a long term relationship anyway, all they want is a one night stand and that is certainly something I DON'T want. I want a true gentleman, and a real relationship.

No comments: